Monday, October 4, 2010

Another weekend done.

Well, let me share this past weekend with you. :)

On Friday night, my friend, Shannon, and I went to Cheyenne and ate some supper at Red Lobster (YUM!) and then did some shopping at Target. 

Saturday...I slept.  We'll come back to that.

Sunday, I went to my Sunday morning church meeting, out to lunch at a local mexican restaurant with some friends, took a short nap, went to gospel meeting in Cheyenne, out to eat at Olive Garden with some friends and then back to Target for a quick stop (it's that time of year to stock up on flannel sheets, you know!!).

All-in-all, I had a great, fun-filled weekend! :o)  But, let's talk about Saturday.  Do you know what a sloth is?  No?  Well, let me write out the definition:  "aversion to work or exertion; laziness; indolence."  That, my dear friends, was exactly what I morphed into on Saturday.

Now, before I begin, let me just state that every night last week, I was up until at least 1:30 AM, most nights until after 2 AM.  Some of those nights were because of homework and maybe ONE of those nights was due to that stupid facebook that I've recently joined.  Either way, by Friday night, I was seriously lacking on sleep.  One other thing I ask...for those of my friends out there that are married with kids, please do not hate me for this post.  I am not in any way PROUD of how I spent my day Saturday. :)

So, Friday night, Shannon and I got home around 11 PM.  I was exhausted, so I promptly came home, took a HOT shower, got into my pj's and got ready for bed.  I did check my e-mail and facebook before hitting the hay, so I didn't actually GO to bed until 1 AM, but that was fairly early, considering how the week had gone up to that point.  My friends...when I woke up the next morning, it was 11:45 AM.  I was still tired, though, and could tell that I had a nice headache to start the day, so...I rolled over and went back to sleep.  I woke up at a little after 1 PM and my headache was NO better (honestly, I think it's because I don't get my usual espresso coffee drinks on the weekend and I think I go thru withdrawals!).  I got up, though, and tried to make something of myself.  Finally, around two, I texted my friend to say that I wasn't going to make it to the local college athletic event and then...I went back to bed and soundly slept until a little after 5 PM.  At this point, my headache was MUCH better but my body was also starting to get angry because I hadn't eaten in 24 hours.  So, I got up, ate some supper, did a few things and went to bed at 11 PM.  Again, I soundly slept until 9:15 AM Sunday morning, when my alarm went off.  Let me tell you, though...when I woke up, I felt like a MILLION dollars!  I felt great and I proceeded to have a GREAT day, too. :)

So that, in all its honesty, was how I spent my weekend. I was glad that I was able to spend Saturday recooperating, but I do know it was rather extreme. It did encourage me to TRY to be a little better about going to bed at a DECENT time during the workweek and to be consistent about it!  This past week was a little out of the ordinary as I had a few class related things going on, but even I know that 2 AM is a little CRAZY!!

So, tell me...how was your weekend?! ;o)

5 comments:

Sandy said...

My Sat. was pretty much like yours, except that I dinnot have a headache. haha Feel better now?

Hilary said...

'that stupid facebook that I've recently joined' = hahahahahaha!! I've felt that way so often myself!
And I say hooray for a day of sleep! I love that when life gets super busy, a cozy day at home without anything to do but take care of ourselves is a treat :)

Meegan said...

Don't feel guilty about being a sloth! I'm glad you could take a day to relax and take care of YOU!!

Lani said...

All work and no play. ;)

Mel B Marvis said...

I too was slothful this weekend, but I was an awake sloth.