So, it was finals week at the University last week and the town has cleared out (for the most part). Students have gone home for Christmas break and it's relatively quiet at work and around town and I love it! I am usually glad to see the students return, but I'm glad for the holiday breaks.
Last week, I took a final exam of my own and I did well and actually ended up with an "A" in the class. Yay!
Tomorrow night I have another final (for the community college) in Spanish and I'm a little more concerned about that one. We have a 50-80 question exam (it always varies) plus an oral exam so that the instructor can evaluate our speaking ability in a foreign language. Ugh. What adds to the frustration of it all is that my partner for the speaking exam has TOTALLY slacked on her part and I've ended up writing all of the scenarios to cover my rear. I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, never agree with a professor that says, "Group work is good for you." It's a total rip-off and there's always someone who gets away with doing nothing. Grrr...
So, I'm off to study a bit more and to memorize more of my lines for the speaking exam. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I'm bordering on getting an "A" in this class, as well, but I might fall just a point or two short of that if things don't go well tomorrow. What shall be, will be! (But I really want an "A" in the class!!! :o)
3 comments:
Te digo una secreta. Even in real life jobs when you do group work, there are always a few slackers that everybody else has to make up for. It always seems like the boss rarely notices too. Oh well....good thing our reward here isn't what we're living for.
Thinking of you study, study, studying today. Good luck tonight. I agree on the group work thing. I hated it, too.
Super job on your first final and good luck on your Spanish final. I took a semester of Spanish 3-4 years ago and decided it was to much work to try for another semester, plus I knew I wouldn't spend time practicing it, so I would just forget it anyway. Have a great vacation. If I remember right you are going home.
Post a Comment