Thursday, December 2, 2010

I love birthdays.

I love birthdays!  I really do!  I really love celebrating MY birthday, too! : )  It's not the whole getting gifts thing (even though those ARE fun! :), but I just love to get together with friends on my birthday and HAVE FUN.  I think it's just a good day to have fun and celebrate, whether it's going out to eat, going for coffee, or getting together at a friend's house for games.  Celebrating birthdays (not just mine!) is FUN! : )  However...I just realized that two weeks from today, I will be turning 30.  This year, that has NOT been as easy to accept as I thought it would be!!  It's just...different.  So, I'm excited that my birthday is coming soon, but I'm not sure I'm so thrilled about 30 just yet.  I'll get back to you on that one. : )

This week has been crazy, so I apologize for no posts being put up.  I haven't been to bed before midnight this week and I'm just tired tonight.  I laid down on the couch around six to "rest my eyes" and woke up at 8:40.  Oops!  I'm going to go to bed very shortly!! : )

I submitted a final project yesterday!  Wahoo!  For that same class, I have a final exam on the 10th and I'm not that worried about it, so that's nice.  The only other thing I have left is a 15 page research paper and I'm more concerned about that because I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to write about, but I plan to get that going this weekend.  It's due on the 12th (an online submission).  I had one more take home exam and two-page essay, as well, but that got canceled.  Why?  Well, it's fantastic that it was cancelled because that's one LESS thing to do, but it's super sad because the professor is fighting stomach cancer and is NOT doing well and it was just too much for him to teach this last week, create a take home final and grade it.  I feel so bad for him!!  So, anyway, we ended that class early.

I'm looking forward to the weekend coming up!  It will be nice to have a break just because it feels like this week has been crazy.  The weather predictions have changed again, though, and now it looks like it's supposed to snow straight through Monday.  Ugh.  At least I don't have to shovel the sidewalks, though!!  ha!  :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy Jen, Don't worry about the birthday as you are still a young chick! Now when you get as OLD as I am then you can worry about accepting them gracefully. I have a cousin, who is my age, and her comment was "isn't it great to be our age?" Oh my, I hadn't really thought of it as great, but I do try to do better at accepting my age. Good luck on your finals and papers. Take care, Linda

Crystal & Warner said...

Hey my birthday is the 20th --- I'd love for you to come hang out and have fun with me!! ;)

grmasusie said...

Happy Birthday when it comes!