Aye. Carumba.
I'm not really sure what I've gotten myself into. I have decided that I want to graduate with my bachelor's degree sooner than later (I've already explained that to you) and in order to accomplish that, I need to "bulk up" on classes. For a person with no job or a part-time job, three classes (equalling out to nine credits...a "full-time" student takes 12 credits or more) is a walk in the park. However, for someone with a full-time job AND who misses the first two weeks of the semester because of crummy jury duty...well, let's just say that this ain't no walk in the park right now.
I'm happy to report that I'm caught up in two of the three classes, but I do see some "slight review time" coming up before the next class sessions. As for the third class...well, I've barely started the textbook readings and I haven't even started my seven-page paper that's due on Wednesday. *sigh* Fortunately, I pleaded my case today and I was kindly granted an extension for the paper. So, that's not due now until midnight on Friday. With hard work in the evenings, I think I can get that accomplished. I feel quite relieved about the extension, but I still don't feel like I'm "safe" yet. I'll be glad to get it submitted, though, because then I'll really know that I'm on track again.
So, there you have it. That's been my life since returning from jury duty. Work and then homework. It's really kind of a drag. But I would SO rather be doing this than jury service! ha!
4 comments:
Well, Jen, it sounds like you have no choice but to keep your nose to the grindstone. :-( It looks like you will be really busy, but you will be done with school sooner. YYIIPPPPEE!!!
You can do it. Hang tough! mom
To avoid writing papers, take more math and science classes. :-)
Hello, Jen dear! I'm so behind that I didn't know about your jury duty! How interesting...what a good experience...so true that it is NEVER at a convenient time. I sure hope you can get caught up on those studies... Congrats on the big decision to get done with school sooner. Love, Shawna
Post a Comment