I honestly think that this is the longest lapse I've had between posts
ever!!! Things with me are going good. I really haven't been up to much over the last few weeks. I had a couple of midterms, but mainly I've just been busy at work and busy with social events. It's been great! This last weekend I even hosted a
Stampin Up! party and that was great fun! It was interesting, to say the least, because I have such a small apartment and we crammed something like 11 adults and four kids in there, but I think that everyone still had a good time! :) My point of mentioning the party, though, was to say that I have NO pictures from it!!! Boo!!! :( At one point in the middle of the party I thought, "I should capture a picture of the entire group for my blog!" but then I got distracted and I completely forgot. So, instead, I'll post a couple of pictures from a birthday party/hymn sing that I went to at the end of February. We were celebrating the February birthday's and I made the birthday cakes for the potluck! This is something to brag about, people, because this is
not something that I do very often!!! :)
Anyway, the birthday folks were Ryan, Jolene, Tessa, Monique, and Whitney...

Here are the fabulous cakes with the "Happy Birthday!" candles on them...

And this is a picture of Monique with her dad and step-mom, Dave & Karen, and our
very good friends, John & Esther (who are like another set of parents to both Monique and I)...

We had a great time that evening and were sure glad that we got together! :)
This week is currently spring break at the University, so my job is very quiet right now. Next week, though, is Advising Week, so I'm sure there will be some overtime as well as a constant stream of people coming through my office! And no matter what I do, I'm never prepared for it, so I guess that I'd better wrap this up and get back to work! :) Until next time, take care of yourself! And don't forget to wear green tomorrow for St. Patty's Day!!! :o)
4 comments:
Yeah, J&E are good eggs. Too bad I don't get to see them too often.
Glad you're back, Jen. I was missing your updates even though I haven't had a lot of time to follow blogs the last couple weeks. I like the picture of the five of us. Mo sent me one by email so I'll have to have a copy made. I wanted to be at the tea party really bad but ran out of energy. Plus, the summit was a bit iffy that day. Left for MT the morning after the sing and got back the night before the tea party. I love hats. Wish they were in 'style' now.
I've got my green on today, Jen. You have a great St. Paddy's Day. Linda
I missed your blogs! Glad you are back!
Post a Comment