Thursday, March 19, 2009

How I'll roll THIS summer...

So, do any of you remember Fannie Mae? Yeah...I barely broke her in last summer, but I hope to get more use out of her this year because I'm moving to a ground level apartment, so it won't be such a chore to drag the bike in and out and up long flights of stairs. Instead, I'll open my patio door and away we'll go!

However...today something changed for me. I have a new love in my life now. And it's how I'll roll this summer...and hopefully for the next 10-15 years. :)

I bought a car!! I traded in the current Camry that I had for one that was 10 years newer. The interesting thing about it is that the car really isn't that much different than what I had, except that it's newer. All of the controls on the inside are pretty much in the same exact location, there are no additional bells and whistles compared to what I had before, and other than the nice new smell and the car seeming to be a bit longer than my previous one, there's not much that's different. Oh, wait...there is one thing that's different now...a CAR PAYMENT! Ugh. I know that we all agree on what to feel about those! :)

Anyway, it was a good experience and so far I'm really loving my car! I told my dad that I really, truly wouldn't know how it ran until I took it on a long drive somewhere, so we'll see when that happens. I still have the original warranty on it for about 15,000 more miles, so I'll have 15,000 miles to figure out if anything is really wonky with it. But let's hope not!! So far, it's been a good car and I'm very happy with it.

But, as with Fannie Mae, I need your help. My last car was older and had quite a few miles on it and I referred to her as "Old Faithful". Somehow, though, it doesn't seem fitting to call the new version "Old Faithful", so what do you think I should name it? The car is a tan-ish color (kind of similar to the color of sand...even though the paperwork refers to the car color as gold...I don't know about you, but I'm not seeing too much "gold" in the color) and it's pretty simple, so I'm looking for a simple name. So...please leave your comment as to what you think we should call this new love in my life!! :) I look forward to hearing what you come up with!!!! :o)


17 comments:

Cheri said...

pretty penny? granted, she's not really the color of a penny, but she is pretty, and then there is the double meaning...

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's beautiful, Jen!!! What fun!!

Anonymous said...

Oh right, that was me, Amity. DUH! :)

Anonymous said...

You'll have to wait until she develops her own personality! Then the name comes easily! ;)

grmasusie said...

Gold car....could call her Goldie. Why don't you try her out and come to our house?!!

Anonymous said...

You have a mighty fine looking are there, Jen. Well have to think up a good name for it. Enjoy! Linda

Jaysey said...

I agree with nana that you should wait to bestow her with a name until you figure out her "personality." ;-)

Anonymous said...

I like Goldie :)

Anonymous said...

Hi hon! Goldie was my first choice. But how about Esmerelda (sp.), or Geraldine, or Honey Pot, or Honey Pie. Whatever. It'll be fun thinking of a name.

Love, mom

Anonymous said...

the 'ol woodtick seems to think that the new name shuud be "buddy" cuz that's wat she'll be fer u is yer "buddy"

cheyest said...

I was going to suggest Goldilocks but Isee you've already gotten several Goldie votes. Anyway it's a beautiful car and I'm not sure there's much gold in the color either but Toyota has a funny habit of giveing questionable colors. Old Faithful was called blue dusk whwen we bought it. Now did you see much blue in it? Our newest van is magnesium. Guess what color that it. And it's not a Toyota either so guess all the automakers have problems with colors!

cheyest said...

Oops, I do know how to spell giving. I hate it when I proofread and still miss and incorrect spelling.

cheyest said...

Me again. I give up, guess I'd better go to bed!

Anita said...

Call her Cami

:)

Mel B Marvis said...

Other people seem to be certain it's a she, but think it's a he. I say Harry. But, maybe ask Uncle John to see if his name might be Clyde. Clyde the Camry rolls off the tongue. If it really is a girl, then I'm with Anita on Cami.
Mel

Sandy said...

You said it looks like sand, then how about "Sandy?" haha Well, maybe "Dusty."

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen...how about "Gold Member" or "Gold-a-May" or even "Golden Girl" When I had my old white Blazer, I named it "White Lightening" and my new white Tahoe is now named "White chocolate" ha ha ha...love you and miss you, Cousin Jodi