Tuesday, October 21, 2008

And, I'm done. :)

Yes, all of the assignments that I procrastinated on have been submitted for a grade! Two papers and four journals (each journal had six to ten pages). Whew! I was up until midnight last night working on all of it, along with the math homework that I had to finish. Now I need to start on projects that are due next week and that I have to present on.

Advising week starts on Monday and that always keeps me SUPER busy. Not only will I be helping students and advising some of them, but I also have to truck across campus to meet with MY advisor to figure out what classes I should take this spring. Most of you already know that I'm a non-trad, taking a couple classes at a time while working full time. Why do I do this? Because my job pays for it. Plus I don't want to go back to living a life of poverty that a person lives when they are a full time student. Besides...if I have things figured out correctly, I can finish my degree in four years, and so that's what I'm continuing to work on! Of course, that plan requires me to take TWO classes every fall and spring semester, and that can be rather overwhelming at times. But...if I don't procrastinate and I keep on task, usually it's manageable. :)

And that's the current update of my days! I'm tired today but I'm feeling really good about finishing my assignments on time! Wahoo! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I think you recognize me because I think you stayed at my parent's house during special meeting rounds (Dan & Chari). After that, I left a comment on your blog about it. That's my guess as how I'm familiar to you. :)

So I'm assuming that Twyla has cancer? Oh, how awful.

Mel B Marvis said...

That's always a good feeling to make it over a mountain of homework. After all your finals are done for the semester is an even better feeling.

cheyest said...

Keep up the good work, Jen. John will be proud of you for working hard at that degree! ;) We missed you Sunday afternoon but you're forgiven.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Hope we can play Scrabble before the year's out!

Anonymous said...

Henny! I know you've recommended the "15 minute timer" approach to me before as a remedy to procrastination, but I didn't give it a go until recently. And I must tell you, it has revolutionized my studying! I may very well owe this next degree to you! Yay for you, by the way, for getting over your particular pile of work!