This weekend Monique & I traveled up "north" a bit to visit some friends up there and to go to Alisa's high school graduation. We had such a FUN weekend! We got there on Saturday a little after noon and Monique, Wanda, Callie, Amy and I hung out for a bit. Here are a few pictures of some of the silliness that went on!!
Callie & I...we're showing our nicer sides!

Amy was a rascal!
Always on the move!!!! That's why the picture is blurry!!

Amy is showing us...well, I have no idea
what she is showing us! Maybe she's showing us her future career as an aerobics instructor?!

After some time with the girls, we all headed over to Andy & Michelle's for a bonfire/cookout. We had SUCH a great time! Here, the fire is just getting started...

This was ALL of our good eats for the evening! Wow, I know! What a lot of food! I think that we were all
stuffed by the time we finished!

Poor Tiffany is injured with a knee injury so she spends her time hobbling around on crutches. Well, needless to say, those crutches were a hit with the kiddos and Callie is demonstrating for us how to use them. So...
don't worry...Callie is
NOT injured!!!! :o)

Andy, Ty and Wayne...discussing things of great importance, I believe. :)

Monique, Dave & Amy...enjoying some father/daughter time and Amy was just enjoying her grandpa! :)

Graham & Lana...Callie is in front of them. I have no idea why Graham's smile is so big. Maybe Tiffany (who you can barely see on the left) stumbled with her crutches or something. I have a hard time believing that Graham is the kind of guy to laugh at something like that, though, so maybe Tiffany just told a joke! :)

Mel is enjoying some of the heat from the fire. Either that or she's contemplating if she really
could jump right
over the fire. I'm not real sure. :)

Wayne & Milt...

Mel & Michelle...I think that they were having a lot of fun in this picture! What do you think!? :o)

Graham, Lana, Mel, Amy & Tiffany enjoying supper.

Milt, Joanne, Wayne & Wanda...according to Wayne they're all sitting at the "old people's table"...to which he informed me that I was almost old enough to sit with them. Yeah...we were "Friends Off" for a few minutes...but then I got over it. You can't stay too mad at Wayne for long!!! :)

Ty, Andy & Dave...the three of them all sat there
forever just talking away! I love that there's always such great conversations when you get together with friends! :)

Amy...the highlight of
her night was having s'mores. Can you tell? :)

Here she demonstrates how to
daintily eat one. Can you really "daintily" eat a s'more? I'd have to really think about that before saying yes. After all, look at the picture above, again, and the lovely evidence that was left behind on Amy's chin...enough said. :)

And
here is the reason that we even made the trip up...Alisa's graduation!!!! Yay, Alisa!!! Congratulations!!!! (I apologize that the pictures are so dark...we were in the gymnasium and I couldn't get very good pictures.)

All of the seniors gave their mom a flower and a hug to say "thank you" to them. I thought that was so nice & special! Here is Alisa giving her mom a hug.

And guess what else?! Alisa was the Valedictorian of her class!!! That's awesome, isn't it?! So, the graduation finished up with her speech, which, I might add, was an excellent speech with some good thoughts and some humor, as well. You can't beat that! :)

All in all, we had a spectacular weekend! I don't know why we waited so long to get back up there, but I know that we won't let that much time pass again!! :)
6 comments:
Jen, I enjoyed this post sooo much not only because it looked like such a grand time, but because some of my favorite relation are in the pictures! :)
Jen, I enjoyed seeing pictures of MY relatives too! Thank you. I dind't get any pictures yesterday, so that was special!
What a fun weekend for you! I always love anything that involves the ones we love, lots of good food, and lots of time outside :) I hope your summer is full of more of the same!
I love your pictures Jen. We sure enjoyed our time with you on Sunday. Now I am looking forward to PIZZA NIGHT. :)
Is it me, Jen, or do you bring out a wild and crazy side of my kids? They NEVER act that way at home!:)
just kidding! They all 3 have mentioned wanting to see you again because you're so FUN! Amy keeps telling me about singing a song and then at a certain point you would tickle her. She laughs just thinking about it!
Thanks for putting all these great pics on here. If you haven't noticed (yeah right), I haven't gotten mine on there yet. Maybe tomorrow!
You win an award for best kept up blog I think!
Oh that's wonderful, Jen! Thanks so much for sharing all those great pictures! It looks like you all had a lovely weekend! Hugs...see you at preps tomorrow! :)
Post a Comment