Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sights & People.

Well, I'm back in Wyoming. It was a very smooth trip back and I'm really glad for that!! I'm already missing everyone up home, though, so that's kind of tough. I guess it's all about taking things one day at a time, huh?

Anyway, for your viewing pleasure, I thought I'd post some pictures of some sights around the home front and also of some people. First, the sights...

This is a barn that sits in the back yard of my folk's place. I just thought the red was a lovely contrast to all of the snow that came while I was home.
This picture is a picture that I had forgotten that I'd taken and I meant to put in the previous post. Oops. :) It's the corn bin that dad puts the corn in for the deer to feed on. It's a nice little feeder and the deer certainly get their fill!!
Now, let's move on to the people. This picture below is of my mom, Chari, and my grandma, Jennie. :) Grandma wasn't too impressed that I wanted a picture of her right then, but I said, "Too bad!" My mom...she was a good sport about it. :)
This next picture is of me and a little lady named, Louana. I used to go to meeting with Louana when I was growing up and getting to know her and her late husband was a wonderful privilege. This was the first time I'd gotten over to see Louana in probably five years. Why do we let so much time go in between such visits? It's a shame. But, really, it was great to visit her again! I smile just looking at this picture! Isn't she sweet? :)
This picture is of my mom's aunt and uncle and another of our friends. Left to right is Uncle Richard, Aunt Veda and Irene. Richard is a brother to my grandma Jennie (first picture above). Mom goes to meeting with these three, so I get to see them every time I'm home (unless the weather fouls our plans, which it did on one Sunday).
And, lastly, how could I forget the Martin family!! :) Here is our picture! :) Left to right, Mom, Dad, me and my brother, Lucas. A friend took this picture for us because we wanted to have a photo of us together. I think it turned out quite nice, don't you? ;)
And there you have it. Two weeks of blogging from good 'ol Wisco is over. :o( The only thing that cheers me up is knowing that the Packers are playing their playoff game on Saturday!! :) *laugh* Go Pack!! :)

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, you're related to Richard and Veda? We went to meeting at their house until I was 10 years old and I just love them. They even still recognize me 20 years later when I see them at convention. They're so special. Thanks for posting pics of your family.

Anonymous said...

I love the SNOW pictures! We don't get that pretty kind of snow here! Very fun to see your family and friends out there too. Clayton is a GB Packers fan because he's the proud owner of a kid size uniform...if we'd PLEASE believe in Santa so he could get a helmet to match...oh, I've heard many varieties of the plea! :) Now you and he have something in common! Take care! LW

Melissa said...

Hey Jen...how have you been? (hehe, that kinda rhymes!) Hope things are going well for you in Wyoming! Just thinking of you!

Shannon said...

Hi Jen! Thanks for stopping over and introducing yourself and pumping up my ego a bit!! You look familiar to me too...not sure why! You're more than welcome to link me. I'm going to go read up on you now ;)

Kate said...

Jen,
It looks like you had a wondeful trip! We are sure glad that you are back. ;) And now we better have a pizza night!

Anonymous said...

Lovely yellow color, Jen. It helps assure me that there will be spring down the road. I'm glad you had a good time at home. It was nice of you to keep blogging while you were home....nice you kept us up on who, what, when and where!!!! Thanks, Linda