Anyway, this weekend was B.U.S.Y.!!!! Friday was the wedding, and then Saturday Monique and I headed North to visit her dad. We ended up having lunch with a family friend, watching the Lusk parade and heading to the ranch rodeo. Sunday was our church meeting, then lunch with friends and then off to Vedauwoo for an evening picnic! Busy, busy! Here's a recap with LOTS of pictures!!! :)
Cassidy and her Grandma were ready for the parade to start! Look at their great seats!
Quenten isn't quite old enough to have a "street seat" so he sat on the porch. By the look on his face, though, you realize that he is very aware that the parade is serious business! :)
In the parade, we saw horses...
...and old cars...
...and tractors....
...and tractors....This is how Cassidy spent most of her time during the parade!! There was no one around on her side of the street, so she made a killing in the candy department!

One thing that I didn't post about was the massive amount of motorcyles passing through town for the annual Sturgis rally. I learned, though, that Quenten loves motorcycles, so this is how HE spent most of the day...

Trust me...you don't know what I went through to get that picture above!! :) After the parade, we had a nice lunch with Dorothy, a family friend of Monique's and her family, and then we took off to the ranch rodeo. We got there just in time for the beginning of the rodeo! What fun times!! There was so much to see and so much visiting to do! :) Here's a bit of what we saw.
Wade and Callie in the mutton busting competition. Clayton was also in the event, but I missed getting his picture!!! Ugh!!

One thing that I didn't post about was the massive amount of motorcyles passing through town for the annual Sturgis rally. I learned, though, that Quenten loves motorcycles, so this is how HE spent most of the day...

Trust me...you don't know what I went through to get that picture above!! :) After the parade, we had a nice lunch with Dorothy, a family friend of Monique's and her family, and then we took off to the ranch rodeo. We got there just in time for the beginning of the rodeo! What fun times!! There was so much to see and so much visiting to do! :) Here's a bit of what we saw.
Wade and Callie in the mutton busting competition. Clayton was also in the event, but I missed getting his picture!!! Ugh!!
Wade...
...and Callie...notice her dad following close behind!! :) ...

...then we saw some bronc riding...

...some wild cow milking...

...and a cute little pony!!...

Fun was had by all and toward the end of it, I was able to sneak this picture of Callie. :)

We got home late from the rodeo, had a good night's sleep and then we were off to Sunday morning meeting. It was nice to meet up with some old friends there! After that we had lunch with Kip & Colleen and then we left to make it back to Vedauwoo for an evening picnic. Fun times!!
...and Callie...notice her dad following close behind!! :) ...
...then we saw some bronc riding...

...some wild cow milking...

...and a cute little pony!!...

Fun was had by all and toward the end of it, I was able to sneak this picture of Callie. :)

We got home late from the rodeo, had a good night's sleep and then we were off to Sunday morning meeting. It was nice to meet up with some old friends there! After that we had lunch with Kip & Colleen and then we left to make it back to Vedauwoo for an evening picnic. Fun times!!




...dishing up...


9 comments:
Jen! What an awesome post with all the pictures and captions! You re-capped the week-end very well. It's fun to look at the post and remember a great week-end. I don't think we could have packed much more in. Now we have to come back to work to rest up! *smile*
I have really enjoyed your last two posts. If I were closer I would have been at Lana's reception and the rodeo - but since that wasn't possible, it was wonderful to see footage of both on your blog! :)
I enjoyed your last two set of pictures, Jen. You had a busy and fun few days. I was glad you still had energy to stop by and picnic with us. Thanks for stopping! Linda
Please take pictures on the balloon ride. I will never see a balloon ride from the inside looking out, so will enjoy seeing it from your camera lens.
Thanks Jen for all of the cute pictures! It looks like you had a wonderful weekend. :)
It was sure nice to see you at the wedding and thanks for the Fish pictures. I was hoping you would post/send it to me. Amelia and him sure have lots of fun together. :)
PS The picture of Amelia at the end of this post is too cute.
Loved all of the pictures. Cassidy was quite upset with me for not saying we could come on up to the ranch rodeo also. Maybe you could email me the picture of Q waving? Looks like a fun filled weekend for sure!!
Great post! Thanks for sharing all of your fun. Wish we could have joined you all!
It was good to see you and Mo! Can't wait for the balloon ride pictures.
I missed this post, but it looks like you had a GREAT time at the parade and rodeo!!! Oh how I miss those rodeo days!!! :o) Thanks for keeping us updated!! *HUGS*
Post a Comment