Okay...this has been on my mind for a few weeks and I just can't resist running a poll on it this week. (I know I said I wasn't going to post until this weekend, but oh well. :)
I've googled "blog etiquette" and have found that there is no article that soundly discusses blog etiquette so I've decided that we should put some things together right here!! :)
As with the last poll, you may post anonymously or with your name. I couldn't care less. It's your comfort level that's most important during these "sensitive subject" polls. :)
What is a rule of blog etiquette that you feel people should abide by? This isn't to say that people will follow these rules, but when you think of kindness and etiquette for a blog, what are your thoughts/feelings? Talk to me about this one!! I'm really curious!! :o)
9 comments:
have we been mean to you??
oh, no! not at all!!!! :o)
I'm just curious! I was just thinking of common courtesy rules, that's all, and what you think.
For instance, do you think that if you want to put someone's blog link on your blog that you should e-mail them and ask permission first? OR, are you already giving them credit where credit is due when you link to their page?
blogs are wide open - no rules here.
I think it's courteous to occasionally leave a comment on a blog you check frequently. You know, give something back. You don't have to do it EVERY time though. Linking to someone else's blog.....that one could go either way, but I figure if they've got it on the internet unsecured, it's not going to be REAL private anyway. I think it's OK to post pictures of other people without their permission too as long as they're not vulgar or obscene. Again you could play it safe and get permission if you really wanted to. Mentioning their full name or identity, especially if kids are involved, is not so cool. That's my 10 cents worth.
Mel B, you *do* have a good point about being on the WORLD WIDE web (notice the stress on world wide???). :) I hadn't looked at it from that angle...in regards to people putting themselves "out there" already. Hmmmm...good food for thought!
I really agree with the 'no full names' thing, unless you ask. Actually, I pretty much should just second Mel B.'s comment!
I think that if you comment on someone's blog that they should comment on yours every now and then. I also agree with the fact that if your blog is out there and isn't private than it's fair game for anyone. If you dont want people knowing your last name, don't put it in the title of your blog. I don't expect anyone to email me and ask for permission to add my blog to their page - it's not a private blog. Anyone in the world can access it and therefore I don't post things on it that is private and that I don't want the whole world to know. Ummm....ok, I'll stop!!! :o)
dido to what they said
that melissa...smart cookie! :)
however, I think it's nice that you asked permission -- sure you can link! :)
Post a Comment