When I got to work this morning, it was already above 40 degrees outside and the birds were chirping away! By lunchtime, it was in the low 50s. Ahhhhh...the signs of spring! Alas, it doesn't last long around here. Tonight and tomorrow? Rain and snow. Blech. But by Thursday it's supposed to be nice weather again, so I won't complain too much. :)
Next week is spring break at the University and while all the students get the week off, I still have to work. We get our "extra" days off during Christmas, so that's fine by me! :) The week after next is advising week, so I will have LOTS to do next week's quiet time to get ready for it!! I'm a little more nervous about it because we're under more strict mandates to not work extra hours anymore, so while I'd usually put in about 50 hrs. during advising week, now I'm being told that I'll get slapped on the hand if I try to do that. So...we'll see how it goes! The mandate has put me in a position to just not be as helpful as I've been in the past (aka, it's now more of telling students to just figure things out on their own) and, honestly, I'm not so sure I like that. It has, however, lessened my stress quite a bit already, so I guess I can't complain. Anyway, with my track record on posting, the next time I post will probably be in April (AFTER advising week!), so I'll let you know then how it went and how I survived. :)
I've been missing my family quite a bit today. I'm not sure why, really. Well, I know why...because they're GREAT! :) But today was one of those days where I miss them and I find myself shaking my head and asking myself HOW I ended up so far away from them. I always tell my mom, "It turned out this way because I was young and foolish when I made the decision to move so far away!" haha! :) Don't get me wrong...I *love* Wyoming and *love* my job!! Some days, though, I just wish it wasn't so far from Wisconsin.
Any of you watching all of this election hub-bub? I keep watching it and wondering if this will be the first year that I just don't even go out and vote. We'll see! I've voted every year since turning 18, but I'm so disgusted with all of them, anymore, that I wonder why I even bother to put in my two cents. They're all just a bunch of frauds and it seems that all they do is go around in circles and we end up in more and more trouble than we ever have been before. The sad thing is that I know it's not going to get any better and I bet that the people running will just become more and more crooked. It's sad, really. Even though I wasn't even alive during days that I'm about to describe, I can honestly say that I miss the days of honest times and honest people. At least all of the wickedness today inspires ME to be honest and trustworthy!! I hope I'm doing an okay job at that.
Well, all for now. I've been keeping quite busy at work so I'm quite tuckered out by the end of the day anymore. It just makes me so glad for quiet evenings. :) Take care 'til next time!
3 comments:
Your comments about moving to WY when you were young and foolish made me laugh. Sorry you are missing your family so much! It's hard when family is so far away :(
It WILL be interesting to see how advising week goes for you with no overtime. In years past, you've practically lived at your workplace during advising week. Good luck! :)
I like the new background.
I like the new background, too.
And I'm with you on the election madness. What's driving me nuts is the energy and $$ that is blown on muckraking and spreading very narrow-minded negative propaganda with no positive impact at all. I do not like the political atmosphere of hate that America has become. At all.
sigh- off my soap box.
Hope you're enjoying your spring break! I hear you about missing family and 'home'. Time spent here in the States and IN is very special!!! xo
Post a Comment