Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Busy & Cold

Hi there!  Remember me?  Yeah...I won't hold it against you if you DON'T remember me!  It's been awhile!  ha!

Oh my goodness have things been busy.  Mainly it's my job that's kept me busy and has me working a lot of extra hours.  I often wonder how much that will change (and if it will!) when I finish classes this semester and all I have to worry about IS work. :)  Speaking of classes, things are going well.  I'm not really sure that I'll learn much from EITHER class that I'm taking, but whatever.  It is what it is...it's a means to an end. :)

It's tax time!  I got my W-2 the other day and I'm rarin' to go and to get my taxes submitted so that I can get some money back!! :)  At this point, I have nothing special planned for that refund except to put the money toward my credit card.  My dad has always been a big promoter of "having fun" with your tax refund and spending it on stuff for you.  After all, you worked hard through the year and you deserve this little extra money, right?  Well, this year, I think that I might just put that money toward my credit card.  Why?  Well, when you think about it, why does my credit card have so much debt on it, anyway?  Oh, that's right...I wanted to have some fun through the year and I couldn't say no and so I spent more money than I should have.  So...as I see it, this "fun money" from my tax refund has already been spent through the year and now I just need to pay back that fun by applying the entire refund to my credit card.  Either that or I'll go buy a couch.  ha! :)

This morning it's C-O-L-D.  I'm not even joking.  I got up at seven and the temp was -27 and with windchill, it was -47.  Not kidding.  Our "high" today is supposed to be -9.  Tomorrow, it's going to feel like a heat wave when we hit four ABOVE zero (which is what they're predicting "the high" to be).  Yike-a-roonies.  My car started this morning, but I did wonder if that was going to happen.  I mean, seriously...how much can a person ask for when it's -27 at seven AM?!?!  haha!

Well, that's about all that's going on with me.  Really...I don't have anything else that's new or exciting to report.  It's just everyday life for me and even though it's quite monotonous, I'm happy and not complaining about a thing. :)  I hope that you're doing well and having good days, too!

4 comments:

Anita said...

That is some cold! Hope you can stay warm! Hang in there- spring is coming!!

Crystal & Warner said...

Burr! Says it's currently 21* here (at 7:20pm) And that's BURR when you only have a sweater and not a warm "fat lady" coat.

Sounds like your refund is going to a good spot!

Love ya & Big Huggs!!

Anonymous said...

Keep warm, Jen. I can't complain because I stayed inside all day. I'm with you....take care of the credit card, then if sometime you see a super couch on a super deal you can get it. Takes for the post. Linda

Anonymous said...

If your horn starts honking continuously, I can help with that!
Leilani