Saturday, October 24, 2009

Paper Waste

This week, a student was working on a project in our lobby at work and he had paper spread out everywhere. When I came out of the office, I made the comment, "Look at all the trees you've killed!" He looked at me and said, "Killing trees is someone else's job. I just make use of the trees they've killed."

I've thought of that comment today as I was going through my pile of junk mail from this past week. Talk about making use of killed trees!!! I wondered, "How much paper would be saved if companies weren't allowed to send out junk mail anymore?" I'm sure that tons would be saved. Until then, I guess that all I can do is keep recycling the paper that is nothing but wasted tree and hope that some day it will be better.




*Note to reader: I do NOT claim to be opposed to those who cut down trees for a living. What I do oppose is how so much paper product is wasted!! It's horrid! I think that I'm more conscious of it than most, though, because I work in an office setting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was unreal how many advertizers that we always got when I was teaching. Every teacher got the same things and everyone recycled them. Amazing. Good thing they are getting better at making recycled "things" into other usable things. It helps. mom