Monday, September 21, 2009

Yellowstone Trip: Day 1 - Tetons

Our trip to Yellowstone was short and sweet. We covered almost the entire park in two days. For those of you that don't know, Yellowstone has two main roads that cover the park...an upper circle (loop) and a lower circle (loop). Both loops create a figure-8 through the park. That being said, the only side of the park that we did not hit was the West side and that was mainly because one of the main roads on the West side of the lower loop was closed and it was too inconvenient to hit the West side on the upper loop. But we managed to get everywhere else! :)

We started off by entering the park through the South entrance because getting to that entrance takes you through the Grand Tetons National Park and we really wanted to see the Tetons!!! The Tetons are absolutely gorgeous and if you ever have a chance to go, you should definitely do it!! Welcome to the Tetons!! :)







That's me!! I took this picture all by myself by using the self-timer on the camera. Mom & Dad were off taking pictures, too, so no one was around to help me. I did pretty good, huh? ;o)

5 comments:

Heather S said...

WOW! you're good with the self-timer! When we went to Cody, we went thru the Tetons/Yellowstone! Gorgeous. Pictures of course never do justice!

Leilani said...

Aren't the Tetons beautiful? I love 'em. Didn't get to see them this trip, alas.

Our bear was on the east road heading towards Cody, btw.

Jen said...

@Leilani.... Grrrr...I can't believe that WE didn't see one!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Great self portrait, Jen. The rest of the pictures were great, too. I'm glad you had a good time. Linda

Anonymous said...

Looks good Jen. mom