Anyway, my friend, Monique, came over for awhile tonight and as we were visiting, a knock came to the door. I looked through my trusty peep-hole and saw that it was a younger gentleman. When I opened the door, he introduced himself (I think) and said, "Do you use kleenex in your house?" I said, "Um, yes." He said, "Well, here...let me give this to you as a thank you for helping me out with a few questions," and then he proceeded to hand me a travel pack of kleenex. I was thinking, "What in the world?!?" Then he said, "Just wait a minute while I go get another pack for you," and he turned and left. I figured that he made this comment because he noticed that I had a friend visiting, so we both waited to see what he was up to. Monique was watching out the patio door while I was waiting by the front door. As he went by, she said, "He's coming with a big box!!!" So, I opened the door and let me tell you, this was no ordinary box of kleenex that he went to get. No, sirree! It was a big 'ol black box that contained a vacuum cleaner. No joke. He said, "Here, let me just set this up right in your living room and show you how it works," and he proceeded to start coming into the door. I said, "Um, no. I'm not at all interested in whatever it is that you have." He said, "But it will just take a minute and you'll really like it!" I said, "What is it even?" He spouted out some name and then tried to come in again. I said, "No, thank you." He said, "But I get paid $20 an hour just to show you how it works." I said, "No, thank you." He said, "It will just take a minute and it's really simple," and he tried to come in again. So, I stepped in front of him and said, rather sternly, I might add, "NO. THANK. YOU." And do you know what he said? "Could I have my kleenex back, then, to use with another customer?" Sure, bud. Good luck with your career. Weird, huh?
Moving on...a little while later, Monique left to go home and shortly after leaving she called and said, "You have to go outside and look at the sunset! It looks just like a fire!" So I went out and looked and she was right! It was awesome!! Here are a few pictures of it (make sure to click ONCE on the picture to enlarge it so that you can get the full effect!).
Looking down the street
This was looking the other way down the street, at the reflection of it on the hills.


7 comments:
I can't STAND pushy door-to-door type people. Mostly because I really do feel for them & I can only imagine that their job is quite frustrating and not very rewarding. But at the same time, I'm usually pretty good at blowing them off. It's a no-win situation: My time and money aren't needlessly wasted, but I am always left with a strong dose of guilt afterwards.
Nice sunset pictures. . . you all settled into your place yet? Is it starting to feel more like your home? Just seeing that street and thinking of Mo being just a little ways down gave me some pangs in my heart. Such good days there!
1. I'm laughing at your crazy vacumm experience. That kind of thing always makes me thankful that I don't have to be a salesman :)
2. Isn't it amazing that no matter where we are, we're able to see beeeeeautiful sunsets? God's handiwork!
Beautiful sunset! I love the reflection in the hills!
WOW!!! That sunset was aMAZing!!! Wish I coulda seen it, too! :) But thanks for sharing it! :)
I'm glad you didn't let that guy push you around!
HELP! The town's on fire!
great sunset shots Jen!!
Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures Jen! Love you. mom
Post a Comment