Anyway, I'm amazed that she has lasted this long as a teacher. Why is that? Well, let me just say that all of my mother's grey hairs have NOT come just from raising my brother and I!!! *laugh* But, it was a fun day to be with her that day and it was the last day of school before Christmas break, so the kids were excited. I had to chuckle, though, because at one point during the day I told one of the kids not to do something and he turned to his friend and said, "You know...having two teachers here is a real pain in the behind!" He was mad because he just couldn't get away with anything that day! :) Later on, I was telling this same student to hurry up and put his jacket on because it was time to catch the bus and go home. He looked at me and said, "It's Christmas, you know, and you shouldn't be yelling at me." I laughed at that one, too! Yelling? I wanted to tell him, "I'm not yelling at you...I'm just excited that the day is over and YOU can go home and I can have some peace and quiet!!" :) So, yes, I am impressed that my mom enjoys teaching and has worked at it so many years. I am impressed with anyone who chooses a career as a teacher. It is NO easy task, let me tell you!!
Anyway, here are some moments from the day with my Mom. :) This first picture is of Mom standing by her classroom door. She had just dug her keys out of her purse and noticed I was taking a picture so she posed. Either that or I caught her unaware. I'm not sure. :)
Here's the hallway right outside mom's classroom. All of the kids' art projects get hung up here, so it's quite a display! The christmas trees are made out of hand-prints. The kids put their hands on a piece of paper, trace them, cut them out and then paint them or put glitter on them, etc. Then the teacher arranges all of the hands into the shape of a pine tree! Pretty cute!
Moving on to other things, I want to introduce you to Brylee. She is the daughter of my cousin and she is C.U.T.E.!!!! She was born last fall, but I just met her for the first time at Christmas. She is just precious and I'm so glad that I got to hold her a lot that day and just get to know her. When she spit up on me, I knew that she was glad I was around. :)
Don't mind the look on her face in this picture...I think she knew that someone was picking on me and she was giving them the what for and informing them to leave me alone. Yeah...I'm sure that's what was going on... :)
I wanted to get a couple pictures of her just hanging out and this was one of my favorite ones! This is our little "bright eyes"!! :o) (Don't you just love her shirt?! I laughed when I saw that! The true story, though, is that she sleeps almost through the entire night!! My cousin is quite spoiled. :)
It was the end of the day in this next picture and my cousin was getting Brylee ready to go home. Brylee was sleepy and kind of crabby at this point, so she wasn't impressed by all of the layers that were being put on her. It had to be done, though, because it was COLD outside! VERY cold!! I was catching a picture here and there of her and I just laughed my head off at this next picture. She just reminded me of a little Eskimo and she was TOO CUTE!!! :) Oh, and on a side note...the little pink hooded sweater that Brylee is wearing in this picture is a sweater that her mommy wore when she was a little baby. It made me happy when I learned that! I love that kind of stuff! :)
5 comments:
Great post! I'm still laughing at what you wanted to tell the boy about being excited that he was going home and you could have some peace and quiet. :) Have a great day! Love, Michelle
Yes! I'm definitely realizing how difficult teaching can be.. it's really an impossible profession and I hope I'll survive. Hope you're doing well!
Fun to see your Mom's classroom and be able to picture where she spends most of her days - for just a little while longer! Then retirement!!! :) Hey, maybe when she retires, she can guest post on your blog every now and then?!! :)
Every long time teacher deserves awards for valor and endurance above and beyond!! I've learned to appreciate teachers much more than I ever did before I worked at school and taught some classes myself! Look at all that art work and creative energy!! I'm awed!!
Thanks for sharing your day with your teacher Mom...sounds like you had a fun day. Linda
Post a Comment