Monday, May 7, 2007

Whoop!!

For the first time in four years, my bloodwork is NORMAL!!! Whoop!! :o) This is a great thing!

The doctors measure something in your blood called thyroglobulin. I forget the particulars of what it is and why it's so important to monitor when you have cancer, but it's important and I know that it has to be low. For four years it has ranged from 4 to 7 and that is not considered low.

At my appointment last week with my specialist, she mentioned that she wanted the thyroglobulin level to be at 1.5 or lower. This morning, I found out that my level was 0.2!!!!!!

I'm still floating with the news! However, I still have to follow through with the body scans. I'm not that concerned about those, because they've been good the last couple of years with spots that they speculate could have been something, but they were never sure. It was just the bloodwork that was abnormal. So I'll follow through and finish up the seond part of this testing business and then I'm about 99% sure that life will resume to "normal" on Friday (aka, medicated, no special diet, no more lab work needed, etc.) for at least a year. I'll find out about that on Thursday.

So, you all have a wonderful Monday!! I know that I already am!! :o)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! What good news! Our day is better knowing that you had GREAT news on your bloodwork!

andy and michelle said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Shawna's here and we're dancing with joy over your news! Believe me, we can understand what a feeling that is. We're so happy for you.

candy said...

Jen! You are such a trooper! We are happy for your news and happy for your happiness. :)
Come see us. It is quiet now with all the college kids gone.

Anonymous said...

Jen,everyone at school was just super happy to hear the news and send their best wishes and prayers your way. Yippie-ki-aaaaa! mom

Anonymous said...

John says Yeeeeee Haaaaaaa !!!!!

Jocelyn said...

Congrats! So glad to hear things are getting better.

Jeff & Aleigh said...

I missed this post on Monday, but YAHOOO!!!!! I'm so happy that your bloodwork came back so well!! That is awesome news!! Good luck with the body scans!!! *HUGS*

Amy said...

What great news! I never would have known that someone as happy and generously affectionate as you was dealing with something so scary! So glad its looking okay.

Anonymous said...

*cheers belatedly!!

Leilani

Anonymous said...

JEN.....that's GREAT news beyond description!!!
Look forward to finding out tomorrow what the body scans said!!!
Count me in on Shawna & Michelle's dance of joy!

Anna

Kate said...

JEN HIP HIP HOORAY! Sorry this is so late in coming, but we are sure happy for you. :)
Now you HAVE to come our way and spend some time just relaxing and enjoying the nice weather...given that we DON'T get anymore snow. ha ha ha