Well, it's shaping up to be a busy week! That's okay, though. I think it will help to keep me out of a rut.
I slept a lot better last night than I did on Saturday night (still not the best, but better, so I can't complain!). However, I did wake up with a headache. It always worries me when I haven't even started my day and I have a headache already. Ugh. :o) Yesterday, though, I was supposed to go with some friends to a Sunday church meeting of ours that's about an hour and a half away. Usually I go right here in L-town, but this was a special day and we were to head to the "W" household for meeting and lunch. Needless to say, my lack of sleep prevented me from going because I could NOT function at all. So I missed out on that. I was so disappointed!!! After moping around for most of the day, feeling sorry for myself, I started to work on changing my thinking by repeatedly telling myself, "I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be today." It helped! :)
Anyway, I got quite a bit finished at my place as far as food prep for my special low-iodine diet that I am now on. It started today. So, I've got some soup (minestrone) cooking in the crock pot at home and have got some other meals that I need to cook up tonight, so I'll be busy with that.
Tomorrow I am heading to the "friendly ghost" town north of here, C-city, for a nice day away from the office. A friend is coming with and we have a lot of stuff planned to keep us busy, so it will be good. Wednesday is "lab day" and I will get the results of what my TSH is currently at. I will let you know as soon as I find out what it is! Remember, I have to be above 30 to be ready for testing!! Thursday morning is my final exam in my Human Anatomy course that I took this semester and then that afternoon I have an appointment with my endocrinologist. She will touch base with how things are going and we will set up stuff (hopefully!!) for my scans. I'm hoping for the week of the 14th for the scans, but the lab work on Wednesday will elude to our possibilities.
So, busy, busy, busy. But I will touch base throughout the week to at least let you know how things are progressing, medically. I hope you have a great Monday and a wonderful week! It's the beginning of finals week here at UW, so things have S-L-O-W-E-D to a crawl!! It's a nice change, but usually by August we're ready for the students to come back! :) So, my "catch up" week this week is sure to be good!
4 comments:
Jen, I love that you have a blog. I find the in depth explanations about what you are doing as you gear up for your cancer scans quite interesting. I'm glad to know what each day holds so we can be thinking of you as you go through the not so fun things. Hope you and M had a great day together!
I love your code talk-It's cracking me up, exp. the friendly ghost town! HeeHee.
Hey jen,
Ring ring ring. hope you had a nice run to G town. be safe....
Luv ya
Hi Honey! I'm just checking in and trying this new fang dangled idea of yours. I think I erased my first try...at least it disappeared...oh well. Hope your day went well and that you had a great time with Mo. Will talk soon. Love, Mom
Post a Comment