Saturday, June 5, 2010

Parent's Visit

I'm going to pull a MelB Marvis and use bullets. :)
  • My parents are here and we're having a good time. Dad's arthritis is kicking his butt, though, so he's been sleeping a lot and just laying low. It's kind of a bummer, but that's the nature of the beast, I guess.
  • I'm taking two online summer classes right now and one of them is kicking MY butt. :( No joke. There's SO much involved with it, that I'm just gritting my teeth to get through it. My daily mantra is, "I can do this, I can do this!" :)
  • Mom and I were going to go shopping last weekend in the big city, but severe weather warnings halted us in our tracks. It allowed me to catch up on my classwork, but we still haven't been able to make up the canceled outing! Maybe Monday? If dad's arthritis continues acting up, we may have to leave him home to rest and then go shopping, just us girls! :)
  • I'll go back to work next Thursday and Mom & Dad will leave that morning. The time is going quickly!
  • On Monday, June 14, I'll start two more summer classes (one online and one in a classroom) and for FOUR WEEKS, I'll be taking four classes. Yikes! It's worth it, right? After all, after that, I'll only have FIVE classes left to finish my bachelor's degree! Wahoo! :)
  • Mom and I have only played ONE game of scrabble since she's been here and that was with Sandy & Jolene (friends of mine). Otherwise, we've just been traveling a bit and working on homework (I've been working on homework. :).
  • Today, I think we're going to travel over the mountain because they just opened the road last weekend and we've heard that there's 12 feet of snow still up there! Next week sometime, we might go to one of the local national parks, too, where it's common to see LOTS of elk.

That's all for now! I feel like I'm forgetting lots, but that's what happens when you don't post for over a week! :) We're enjoying our time together, but, as always, it's going so quickly. I guess we'll just appreciate every minute! :)

4 comments:

grmasusie said...

Hey...don't forget you have friends "over the mountain, past the snow drifts"....

Cheri said...

You CAN do it!

The Rancher's Wife Kate said...

We drove over the mtn just recently and it was beautiful! I am so happy your folks are here...we are heading to see my family this weekend. I can't wait!

Crystal & Warner said...

Thanks for keeping us posted, you busy girl you! I know how you feel! ;)