Monday, June 25, 2007

Loneliness.

That's the feeling I have right now, especially since Mo & I have moved on to our respective lives and we are no longer dual blogging. *sigh* Ha! I'm sure we'll be just fine AND if Mo doesn't ever start her own blog, there may be more dual blogging in the future!! :)

There's not much to report here. I have been ON THE ROAD for the last two weeks and it seems, really, like I haven't even stopped since the month of June started! I guess that's what vacation does to ya! You run around like crazy to finish everything up at home so that you can go on vacation and then you go and come home and life returns to normal and then...what's next? I'm sure you ALL know what I'm talking about! :)

Next up: a visit from my parents! They are getting to Laramie on Sunday and will stay through Thursday morning. It will be a short visit, but fun to have them here. It's been two years since they've been this way, so it's about time they get back here! We're going to go to Estes Park for a day and then there is a bunch of stuff in Laramie for the 4th of July. We'll probably have one day of rest & relaxation, too, so that's nice. Then they'll head for home!

Other than that, the rest of my summer is shaping up to be pretty quiet! We're into the full swing of things with the summer season (hot weather & all!!) but I'm just trying to enjoy it and NOT complain because I know it will be over soon! I was just up in Cody, WY this past weekend and it was SO hot there that I about died. I understand that I might be being a little dramatic with that statement, but it was hot. It was a dry heat, though, so I guess I can be thankful for that. :)

Okay, all for now. Have a good week!

PS-- I MIGHT purchase a digital camera before mom & dad get here. We'll see. It would be nice to post pictures more frequently! :) However, there is one BIG activity coming up in July that I need to save money for, too. My hot air balloon ride!!! :o) I haven't made the appointment yet, but I'll probably be calling in the next week or so. Hey! Maybe I should take my mom & dad on a hot air balloon ride while they're visiting! If you two are reading this, tell me what you think about that plan!! :)

4 comments:

Mel B Marvis said...

Anna and I hung around all of Memorial Day weekend at the hot air balloon place waiting for you to show up. When we got tired of waiting for you, we just took a ride without you. ;-)

Anonymous said...

WHAT!?!?!? How come nobody told me!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Forget that! I'd have to be out of my mind to go up in one of those things!! What's that you say? I am out of my mind.(?) Oh well, maybe on my 90th, then I know I won't be in my "right mind" and I won't care where I am....mom

Darla said...

Jen,
It was nice to meet you too. I just perused thru your blog a bit and appreciated your candor (I think that's the word.). I didn't know you had cancer, but am happy to hear your cancer free news. I have my share of hard days being a mommy of 2, but then I read things like that and just feel like bashing myself over the head and "getting a clue". Changing yet another dirty diaper or living thru another 2 1/2 year old's temper tantrum is certainly easier than cancer treatments, don't you think?

So, thanks! Keep in touch!
~darla.