Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday Update!

Hello!  Life has sure kept me busy over the last three weeks.  Working on a Master's degree is kind of time consuming!  I've learned that I have something of a love/hate relationship with the degree.  One day I love it and the next day I hate it.  Ha!  :)  I'm learning a lot, though, so that's a good thing.

Two weeks ago I had a doctor's appointment.  It's time for my cancer check-up!  This doctor I have is a new one, though, so I wasn't really sure what she'd want me to do for my testing.  It turns out that I don't have to go as in-depth with the testing as I usually do!  Usually I will have some bloodwork done and then a full body scan, all after I've been on a special low-iodine diet for a month.  This year, though, I only have to have the bloodwork done!!  YAHOO!  She said that I don't have to do the diet (YAHOO!!!!!) and then I will have a shot on Monday (of thyrogen..it overrides my thyroid medicine without actually putting me through the effects of not being on thyroid medicine), a shot on Tuesday (thyrogen, again), bloodwork on Wednesday and then bloodwork again on Friday.  If everything looks good with the bloodwork, then I'm DONE.  If something is suspicious with the bloodwork, though, then I will have to do the diet and full body scan.  But I just know that everything will be a-okay! :o)  I'm planning to do all of this testing in June.

So, that's what I've been up to!  Nothing extra special, but enough "stuff" that the days and weeks go by quickly.  But, I'm okay with that, too.  I'm kind of over winter right now and would like some nicer weather.  Remind me of this in July when I'm complaining about the heat.  haha!

Hope you're having a good day, wherever you are! :)

2 comments:

hi-d said...

yay, your blog's alive again. good thing i happened to check back!

cheyest said...

Hi Jen! Good to get some current news. I'm wonderful at keeping in touch you know.