Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday

So, I was reminded again today how much I hate confrontation. Even if it's not angry confrontation and is perfectly calm, I still don't like it. I worry too much about hurting people's feelings. Why can't I be better with that kind of thing? It's like I operate on two options with confrontation: 1) hold it in and never say a word, hoping it will go away, or 2) let my anger get the best of me and then I say things I regret and end up apologizing anyway. Oh, whatever. I'm just glad that I'm not a manager of people. I don't think I'd do real well. :)

Well, I thought that once I finished another class, I'd have little more free time on my hands, but thus far, I have not felt that way! :( What's up with that, anyway? Maybe it's because I've not really put much effort into my classes since I turned my paper in on Sunday. Hmmm...I might be on to something. :)

So, my friend told me the other day that I'm cynical about men. For those of you that know me, do you agree? I've asked a few other friends about it and so far the response back is 50/50. I'm not sure if they're afraid to tell the truth or if half of my friends are oblivious to some characteristic of mine.

I had to get to a drain last night that's located UNDER my dryer. I only found out that it's under my DRYER after I had pulled the WASHER out from the wall. Sheesh. Needless to say, the floor under the washer AND dryer are all clean now. That's a plus, I guess. :)

I have had some ants roaming around my bathroom for a few days, so I put out some Raid-killer-ant-food-traps and voila...ants have not returned. But then I found one in the kitchen yesterday, so I put a trap out there. I really don't know if it's the traps that worked or if it's the fact that the remaining ants could smell the death of their "ant friends" that I had smushed prior to my purchase of the traps. I like to think it was a combo of both. :)

Okay, all for now. Just thought I'd throw a little info out there to make your world a better place. Ta-ta 'til later! :o)

PS -- I just watched a crow eat two worms and let me tell ya something...they don't CHEW!! I mean, even though spaghetti is easy to slurp down, don't you usually chew it, too? Well, why wouldn't a bird chew it's food? Gross.

4 comments:

Dr. Bad Ass said...

Hello! No teeth!

Sandy said...

You cynical about men? Where do people get that? haha (It may be partly a defense mechanism.) I'm a little cynical in that department too, I think, even though I have a WONDERFUL hubby.

Crystal & Warner said...

Birds have gizzards not teeth; sweety! And on the cynical part; I'd have to say yeah. But don't take it as a bad thing -- it makes you who you are and that's who we LOVE!

Anonymous said...

Confrontation.....I am not a fan of it either. I clam up and then have hundreds of conversations in my head of what I should have said and what I will say the next time. :-( I'm glad your classes are coming to an end. I have decided there is NEVER enough time...maybe I just need to manage it better. Take care, Linda