Happy St. Patrick's Day! I was going to be all festive and wear something green today and I found that I have nothing in my closet that is the color green!!! Can you imagine?!? I guess that I'll be forced to go shopping for something green so that I'm ready for next year! ha! :)
This week is spring break week at the University where I work. I love it because it's quiet and I can get LOTS done!! The only bummer to it all is that a Corrections group of police officers is using our building this week for training. They've been here before and we managed to avoid having them here again until this year and I remembered very quickly why I was glad that they haven't been here for the last couple of years. Don't get me wrong! I'm glad for police officers because they take care of "issues" that I wouldn't want to take care of and I'm thankful for the ways that they help to keep me safe. But let me tell you...they're a rough bunch of people. Their trainings are loud and quite often obnoxious. They run skits to practice safety and control in violent situations and sometimes it's down-right disturbing. Don't get me wrong...I know that these situations really DO exist in life and more often than we'd wish to know, I'm sure. However, that doesn't mean that I like to hear all the drama involved, even if it is only a skit. I'm thankful that these practice situations are not real life but it does break my heart to know that things like this really are going on. It's no wonder that most police officers I meet are rough and hardened. It would be a tough job to have. I'm thankful for them, but glad I'm not one of them.
As I already said, they run these trainings in order to practice how to handle real-life situations. This year we told them that they could come back but that they'd have to work on the language. Last time they were here there was some seriously filthy language. Yes, it may really be out there in real-life, but it's not necessary to have it in practice runs, especially in a building where people are still working even though it's spring break. They've been MUCH better about that this year, so I can be thankful for that. I do find myself cringing once in awhile, though. It's only practice and it's fake, but it's still more drama than I want to be around or hear, thank you very much!!! :) Only two more days of it, though, and if memory serves me correctly, they bail out early on Friday and that is FINE by me!! :)
Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope it's drama-free for you (fake or real!!)!! :o)
4 comments:
That's some serious work drama!
Oiy! Just read this article http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/17/violence-on-the-oncology-ward/ Hard to believe where violence exists!
Glad to know I am not the only one who is green-less today.
oh my Jen. Happy St. Patty's Day, and I will be thinking about you as you listen once again to pretend drama tomorrow and Friday.
Post a Comment