"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Friends & Good Visits
I spent some time last night with some good friends of mine from Bible study and it was wonderful! It's just wonderful when you have people in your life that encourage you and just plain 'ol make you feel good. Being with these folks last night was refreshing and the experience just made me feel like I'm not a hermit and I'm not as anti-social as I think I can be and I'm not really wanting to just "hideout" from life. You see, sometimes after quite a bit of time without social contact, it's easy for me to get to feeling that way and to almost convince myself that it's what I want! Honestly, I think that for me, there definitely needs to be a balance. I do need some quiet time and time by myself, but I also need to be around people once in awhile, too, enjoying some fellowship. Someone recently made the comment to a group of us that, "We need people." Their point was that the majority of us can't be reclusive and "hermit-like" but that we do eventually need contact with people because it's a natural part of our existence as humans. So, maybe this extra "tiredness" that I've been experiencing is really just a product of too little of social contact. Maybe I need to work more on finding that balance for myself between social time with friends and quiet time at home and maybe I would find that I'm not so tired anymore and that I'm not experiencing harder days than most anymore, either. It's all interesting to think about, isn't it? So...here's to good visits with friends and family!! :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I agree! It's great to be around people! We're so lucky to have so many wonderful friends!
Yup....we need our 'friend fix' to help us along lifes way. They usually help us to keep ourselves balanced and to come up with solutions to problems. Cheers to good friends! mom
Hi Jen!
Always nice to catch up on your blog...for all those times when I don't get to see YOU for one of my 'friend fixes'... :)
Glad to hear you're having a wonderful summer!
Thanks for keeping us posted!
I find my friends very energizing!!! :^)
yes, for sure.
thanks for the comment...hopefully you got some good sleep that night! :) heehee
Post a Comment